/etc/rc.conf not getting parsed ...

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Tue May 1 13:02:59 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, Wilkinson, Alex <alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au> wrote:
> Well it turns out that none of the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/* scripts had a prefix of
> .sh. What I can't understand is why the porters didn't write there ports to
> install the scripts in this fashion.

The scripts at one time were installed with a .sh suffix, but this was
changed in FreeBSD 6.1, 7.x to no longer require a .sh suffix for the
startup scripts.

If your PREFIX/etc/rc.d scripts are not starting without the .sh
suffix, then your /etc/rc.d scripts are out of date.  Use mergemaster
to update them to the current versions.

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.