no network access on today's CURRENT

Bruce M. Simpson bms at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 22 19:06:55 UTC 2007

David Wolfskill wrote:
> OK; I applied the patch & rebuilt today's CURRENT kernel:
>
> But my wi(4) miniPCI card is still not probed, and ifconfig fails
> to report its existence.
>
> Also, trying the PC cards I did before (wi(4) and an(4)), I still
> get the same results (failure to activate because the card is seen
> as not having any functions).

OK. I speculate that the problems you are seeing are more likely to be
related to the recent ACPI changes, given that these seem to involve
Cardbus and PCI bridges.

Thanks for testing the patch. I plan to commit it anyway as I speculate
it is the solution to the problems others have been experiencing (though
I am working blind without any additional information here at the moment).

Regards
BMS