[HEADSUP] ACPI-CA 20070126 import

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Fri Mar 16 17:29:58 UTC 2007

Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> I will import ACPI-CA 20070126 from Intel some time next week.
> Current mega-patch against -CURRENT is here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/acpica-import-20070126.diff.gz
>
> (Note: Sorry, I had to gzip(1) it because it was too big.)
>
> This patch should fix many ACPI issues in -CURRENT (ACPI-CA 20051021),
> most notably memory leak.  Full change log for ACPI-CA from the last
> import is here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/acpica_changes_20051021_20070126.txt
>
> I believe it is quite stable because I have been using this patch on
> my primary desktop and laptop for a while and it was tested on amd64,
> i386, and ia64.  However, since the patch is huge, I may have missed
> something.  If you find something wrong, please let me know before it
> is too late. ;-)

Thank you very much for all your work.  You've even improved other
things along the way, not just the import.

To clarify, this patch has also been run by me for a while and will be
committed so if you're at all interested in testing, be sure to do so.
If not, just accept the consequences via cvsup.  And no whining!  >:-)

--
Nate