LOCAL_CREDS socket option

Maxim Konovalov maxim at macomnet.ru
Fri Mar 16 12:19:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, 10:51+0100, Harti Brandt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any specific reason that we don't support the LOCAL_CREDS
> option for SOCK_DGRAM sockets in the local domain? It's documented
> in unix(4) for a long time and it looks like it is supported, for
> example, in NetBSD.

IIRC it is supported.

>From tools/regression/sockets/unix_cmsg/README:

For SOCK_DGRAM sockets:
[...]
 3: Sending cmsgcred, receiving sockcred

    Server creates datagram socket and set socket option LOCAL_CREDS
    for it.  Client sends one message with data and control message with
    SOCK_CREDS type to Server.  Server should receive one message with
    data and control message with SCM_CREDS type followed by struct
    sockcred{} and this structure should contain correct information.

--
Maxim Konovalov