MFC request: QLogic 24xx FibreChannel controller

Wilko Bulte wb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 9 23:43:26 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 12:18:13AM +0100, Ivan Voras wrote..
> Matthew Jacob wrote:
> > Well, based upon the serial number they aren't the same disk then.
>
> I have no problems with accepting that, but can you offer some
> explanations for the behaviour:
>
> >> But they are the same device - if I write something on one of them, I
> >> can read it from the other.

It could be that the RAID box offers you different serial numbers via
different ports on the array.

I know older DEC arrays presented the same serial# for different presented
LUNs.  Not the effect as what you are seeing, but it can serve as an
illustration of what might happen with external RAID boxes.

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko at FreeBSD.org