HEADS UP: UNIX domain socket locking changes merged to CVS HEAD

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Mar 3 05:24:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 11:47:50PM -0500, Yoshihiro Ota wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:24:36 -0500
> Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> > Like Randall, I think I can report success.  I tend to go in and out of
> > X, but last night, left it on for most of the night.  No lock ups.
> >
> > Thank you again Robert.
> >

> My X runs fine but I think I am still seeing this problem with diffrent ports.
>
> Installing kinput2-cann will install Canna as well.
> You will need these 2 entries to run Canna.
>
> canna_enable="YES"
> canna_flags="-u bin inet"

For what it's worth, I'm seeing no problems with scim-anthy.

I haven't used canna in a couple of years, but I don't recollect needing
that inet flag--a simple canna_enable="YES" worked perfectly for me.

(Of course, I don't know your specific circumstances, it may be
necessary in your case--also, I only used it in a Bourne style shell,
either sh, bash or zsh.  As you're using setenv, I'm guessing you're
using it in a c style shell.)

Most people who switch to scim-anthy greatly prefer it to kinput2-canna.

I'm only offering this as a workaround, and do realize that I don't know
your particular setup--perhaps you've put a great deal of effort into
customizing kinput2 and it would be a major problem to change.

Moshi yokei na osewa naraba, mou shiwake gozaimasen.

- --

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: You're missing the whole point of Halloween.
Willow: Free candy?!