SCHED_4BSD: More than 1 process running on UP machine?

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 08:50:46 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I upgraded to -CURRENT and am running with SCHED_BSD on an UP machine
(where ULE has no advantage over BSD, right?)

Anyway, I never noticed top(1) under 6.x reporting more than 1 running
process, which is only natural, considering this is an UP machine. Under
7.x however, top(1) reports up to 7-8 running processes, depending on
how much stuff is going on.

Is top(1) lying, or is/was my assumption about UP wrong all along?

Cheers,
Ulrich Spoerlein

PS: whats the new state 'ucond' all about?
--
"The trouble with the dictionary is you have to know how the word is
spelled before you can look it up to see how it is spelled."