Port of OpenBSD's sdiff

Gavin Atkinson gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk
Sun Jun 24 18:33:18 UTC 2007

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, Sean C. Farley wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
>
>> these are very good news! You might also want to take a look at
>> textproc/bsddiff, textproc/bsdgrep and textproc/bsdsort. These are the
>> BSD-licensed text processing tools from OpenBSD,
>
> <snip>
>
> I have been looking at freegrep (original source of OpenBSD's grep) off
> and on for years.

... and I've been looking at patch(1).  FreeBSD's is currently under GNU
license, because one of the files (backupfile.c) is.  NetBSD have a
slightly earlier version of this, covered by the BSD license.  I've yet to
sit down and compare functionality in depth, but initial testing has shown
there's little difference in functionality.

Gavin