Intel PowerTop tool on FreeBSD?

Thu Jun 21 11:39:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

has someone tried to port the Intel powertop tool
(http://www.linuxpowertop.org/) to FreeBSD? If not, is someone willing
to have a look at it, or should I put it on our ideas list?

The tool monitors the power consumption of a system and shows which
part of the system is the reason for not saving power (so it makes
sense to run this on a mostly idle system to find the cause of wasting
power; some applications are already fixed to be more power friendly).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him
keep her.