AGPGART not found ... ( on Q965)

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Thu Jun 21 00:27:29 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 12:29 -0400, Sateesh Mandava wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to get the i810/intel drivers work with xorg 7.2. X server is
> failing with /dev/agpgart missing error.
>

> Can somebody help me on how to fix this error? Below are more details about
> the problem.

I've posted an experimental patch to this list, and I think to the PR
system, for agpgart support on this chipset.  However, it is known to be
broken with the DRI enabled, and since that is usually an indication of
serious issues with the AGP support, I haven't committed it yet.  Sadly,
my G965 hardware lacks working serial, and my other stuff lacks
firewire, so I haven't been able to debug it.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com