[AMD64] X.org build eats all the memory when compiled with GCC 4.2

Gaspar Chilingarov casper at web.am
Sat Jun 16 22:01:50 UTC 2007

Hello!

I recompiled X.org yesterday and hit the following problem
(1 week old -current, yesterdays packages, AMD64) -- when compiling
files in
/usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server/work/xorg-server-1.2.0/hw/xfree86/scanpci
directory, there are huge .h files - about 4mb. when compiler uses -O2
or -O option it eats all available memory and then gets killed by the
system.
Without -O/O2 option compile works just as expected.

Now -- should I file a PR or it's known bug?

/Gaspar

--
Gaspar Chilingarov

System Administrator,