moused linear acceleration drops

Hagen Kühl hagen.kuehl at stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Fri Jun 15 09:46:16 UTC 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:35:15 +0200 (CEST)
Oliver Fromme <olli at lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:

> My patch only added -A (dynamic acc) but did not touch the
> algorithm of -a (linear acc).  If you observe the problem
> when using -a but not -A, then there are two possibilities:
>
> 1.  My patch _did_ introduce a regression with -a, or:
> 2.  The problem already existed before my patch.
>
> I'll try to find out and fix it.  (My free time is limited
> today, though, so it might take a little longer.)
>
> By the way, what kind or model of a mouse do you have
> there?  Maybe I'm able to get hold of one, so I can
> reproduce the problem more easily.  The most sensitive
> mouse in my collection seems to have only 600 dpi.

After reading this thread I just tested the -a option with my Razer
Copperhead (2000 DPI) and I see this problem too. On FreeBSD 6-stable.
So, I don't think it is connected to your patch.

Regard,
  Hagen

--
Scientia est potentia!

PGP-Key-ID: 0x53C6010D
PGP-Fingerprint: 428D 7819 B332 3FEC F5BA  5C0B 2B62 1207 53C6 010D