bge auto-negotiation fails with recent current

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Jun 8 18:18:00 UTC 2007


I have the exact same behaviour with if_re in my "zepto 6615WD"
laptop.

Dmesg:
re0: <RealTek 8168/8111B PCIe Gigabit Ethernet> port 0x3000-0x30ff mem 0xcc000000-0xcc000fff irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci2
miibus0: <MII bus> on re0
rgephy0: <RTL8169S/8110S media interface> PHY 1 on miibus0
rgephy0:  10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, 1000baseT, 1000baseT-FDX, auto
re0: Ethernet address: 00:a0:d1:c1:f9:ad
re0: [FILTER]

Poul-Henning

In message <20070608175338.B701745042 at ptavv.es.net>, "Kevin Oberman" writes:
>--==_Exmh_1181325218_81135P
>
>Yesterday I updated my laptop for the first time since May 10. The 
>
>The bge device does not auto-negotiate. 
>
>After booting to single-user, but device looks fine
>media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>)
>status: active
>
>As soon as I do 'ifconfig bge0 up', the link goes down and I see:
>media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
>status: no carrier
>
>If I manually set the media to 100baseTX, it comes up. If I set it back
>to autoselect, it again reports "media: Ethernet autoselect (none)" and
>"Status: no carrier".

-- 
Poul-Henning Kamp       | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
phk at FreeBSD.ORG         | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer       | BSD since 4.3-tahoe    
Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence.


More information about the freebsd-current mailing list