Intel C2D COREs not used equally in FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT i386

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Jun 5 18:06:59 UTC 2007

Quoting "Kenneth P. Stox" <ken at stox.org>:

> On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 11:40 -0500, eculp at encontacto.net wrote:
>> I also had the idea that AMD had purchased a chunk of nvidia
>> which made the decision make even more sense to me.
>
> AMD bought ATI, not NVidia.

Thanks Kenneth, but now I am confused.  Why would all the AMD64
laptops that I've been looking at have nvidia video?  Doesn't matter.
I would assume that xorg would work with ATI, going to double check
with HP to confirm which the laptop has, I know I am not crazy about
HP either but at least they have service where I am.

Thanks again,

ed