Intel C2D COREs not used equally in FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT i386

Attilio Rao attilio at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 5 09:44:53 UTC 2007

Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wrote:
> Attilio,
>
> Thanks for explaining the issue deeper.
>
> So is fixing this issue would make FreeBSD runs apps faster than Linux
> or we will get the same result that linux offers now?

This is not intended to improve the quickness of a program per-se (I'm
not saying it is impossible to happen, just that it would be a side
effect), but it is intended to improve scalabilty.
I expect a very good boost up on scalabilty for us by these jeff's
efforts, but quantify now is not very simple. Time will say better than me.

Attilio