TERM={xterm-r5,xterm-r6} behaving badly with man(1)

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 29 16:00:06 UTC 2007

Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 10:22:52AM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:

>>> file a bug report (the package maintainer is polite and knowledgable)
>> A bug report to what?  ncurses?  termcap?  I can certainly commit a
>> fix to our /etc/termcap, but I've no idea where this should be
>> properly done.
>
> The package maintainer should be able to see (start with ncurses)

I dont think the PR system is intended for jumping around, lets first
see what the problem is and THEN file a PR. Currently we seem to be
guessing around which is of no help for anyone.

I included Rong-En in the mailing who is responsible for ncurses.

Cheers,
remko

--
Kind regards,

     Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
     FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

     /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */