ichwd for ICH8

Doug Ambrisko ambrisko at ambrisko.com
Fri Jul 27 04:10:59 UTC 2007

Mike Tancsa writes:
| At 08:13 PM 7/26/2007, Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav wrote:
| >Mike Tancsa <mike at sentex.net> writes:
| > > OK, I tried it on current, but it sees the ichwd as ich5, where as its
| > > 7 according to the other version
| >
| >No, the unpatched driver in -CURRENT has that bug (misidentifies ICH7 as
| >ICH5) but the patched driver would identify it correctly and
| >additionally print a line about the TCO version.  You must have loaded
| >the wrong module.
|
| Sorry, you are right.  I can load it now on the
| current box I have running, but it doesnt reboot
| it, probably because of the BIOS setting.

Atleast with older ICH chips the TCO reset can be disabled in hardware
with a pull-up or pull-down resistor (I forget which) on one of the
PC speaker lines.  They did this on a Tyan MB but I was able to remove
the resistor.  The thing that was strange is they didn't know why they
put the resistor on the board to disable it.

Doug A.