NET_NEEDS_GIANT removal

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun Jul 22 01:00:07 UTC 2007

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Teufel wrote:

Hi,

> is there any issue to replace i4b on -CURRENT with HPS one? I have had

in addition to what Warner said, read this thread....
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-isdn/2005-August/thread.html#420
"New ISDN driver"

I4B is only mostly disabled in HEAD and should be back with 7.1. Maybe
earlier, hopefully not later. It's not (yet) deleted and will not be
deleted unless something really bad happens(tm).

Either problem was well known for almost two years but noone made
things change and that's why we are where we are...

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.