kern/105229: panic in sync_fsync

Yoichi Nakayama yoichi at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 18 14:36:39 UTC 2007

At Thu, 9 Nov 2006 13:20:35 +0200,
Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> On 2006-11-08 23:00, Yoichi Nakayama <yoichi at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >At Tue, 7 Nov 2006 21:22:18 +0200,
> >Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >> Hi NAKAYAMA-san :)
> >>
> >> In general, we handle CURRENT problems in the freebsd-current mailing
> >> list, instead of opening problem reports.
> >
> > I'm sorry for my mistake.
>
> Nothing to worry about :)
>
> >> The build from `2006.11.07.05.51.41', as I said seems to work fine.
> >>
> >> Can you try re-syncing your source tree to see if a newer commit has
> >> fixed this in CURRENT?
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestion. I've already synced it to current
> > yesterday (after the time vfs_subr.c Revision 1.691 was committed at
> > Nov 7 19:45:05 2006 UTC), and I'm keeping it running.
> >
> > I'll post a report to freebsd-current list after one week trial.
> > I've met the same problem for some number of times after 2-7 days run.
>
> Cool!  Unfortunately, I don't leave my laptop running for so long.
> If this is related to staying up several days, I wouldn't notice it
> easily :)

I reproduce the problem with configuration:
  - 512MBx2 on two slots
  - 512MBx1 on one of the slots (tried with both RAMs)
and then I tried with Windows XP and get similar result (rebooted
after a few weeks).
Although no problem occurred with
  - 512MBx1 on another slot (tried with both RAMs)
Finally, I conclude the problem is in one of the memory slot
on my motherboard (ASUS N4L-VM DH). Please close this PR.
I'm sorry for bothering you.
--
Yoichi NAKAYAMA