Nvidia-driver and current lead system reboot with no error message

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnisec.de
Fri Jul 13 15:23:25 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2007 schrieb Rainer Hurling:
> Hello Harry,
[*SNIP*]
> This error in src/nvidia_pci.c originates by testing the version of
> 7.0-CURRENT:
>
> --------------
> #if __FreeBSD_version >= 700031
>      status = bus_setup_intr(dev, sc->irq, flags, NULL, nvidia_intr, sc,
> &sc->irq_ih);
> #else
>      status = bus_setup_intr(dev, sc->irq, flags, nvidia_intr, sc,
> &sc->irq_ih);
> #endif
> --------------
>
> Do you use newest CURRENT? With my FreeBSD version from yesterday the

Yes, it was a fresh -current and I had seen this too. Just increasing 700031
to 800031 has helped :)
At first I hadn't looked into src/nvidia_pci.c because my C skills ar far
beyond trying to fix drivers... But it lasts for that kind of try and
error :)

Best regards,

-Harry

--
OmniSEC  -  UNIX und Windows Netzwerke - Sicher
Harald Schmalzbauer