ums, Microsoft Wireless Presenter mouse

Nathan Lay nslay at comcast.net
Thu Jul 12 00:41:58 UTC 2007

M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <4693131B.8090306 at comcast.net>
>             Nathan Lay <nslay at comcast.net> writes:
> : Hi list,
> : I was pleased that my Microsoft Wireless Presenter mouse successfully
> : attaches with CURRENT ums without fiddling with the source.  I had to
> : write a patch to use it with 6.2 (I submitted it to the drivers
> : list...probably the wrong place to submit it).  However, button bit
> : positions and x,y,z,t positions do not register properly (This mouse
> : reports mostly lies).  I see a newly added quirks section for the
> : Microsoft wireless optical mouse, though, is there a way I can
> : gracefully add the quirks for this particular mouse too?
> : Additionally, this mouse has 5 extra buttons on the bottom that serve
> : for presentation purposes, though the mouse doesn't actually report
> : them.  The mouse has some sort of mode or status byte that can indicate
> : whether the bottom 5 presentation buttons are in use or if the normal
> : buttons are in use.  I don't think this support would be too difficult
> : to add, I'm just not sure how useful it is or how to add the support
> : such that it isn't disruptive to other mice.
> :
> : http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=085
> :
>
> Please send me a usbdevs -v output and I'll get you started.
>
> Warner

Sorry for the delay, I've been pretty busy these days. Here is the
output of 'usbdevs -v'

Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
port 1 addr 3: full speed, self powered, config 1, Microsoft® USB
Hub(0x0707), Microsoft(0x045e), rev 1.00
port 1 powered
port 2 powered
port 3 addr 4: full speed, self powered, config 1, Microsoft® Wireless
Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000(0x0713), Microsoft(0x045e), rev 1.00
port 2 addr 2: low speed, power 98 mA, config 1, USB-PS/2 Optical
Mouse(0xc03d), Logitech(0x046d), rev 20.00

Best Regards,
Nathan Lay