RFT: bin/106642: [patch] Allow excluding certain files from mergemaster (8)

Thomas Backman serenity at exscape.org
Wed Jul 11 10:34:24 UTC 2007

On Jul 11, 2007, at 12:03 PM, Gaspar Chilingarov wrote:

> In other hand running rm /etc/rc.d/* before mergermaster's start
> can render system unusable, if mergemaster will fail for some reason.
>
> --
> Gaspar Chilingarov
What about the opposite, i.e. removing etc/rc.d/* from the temproot?
It might be a horrible solution, but it should work, no?

make installworld
mkdir /var/tmp/root
cd /usr/src/etc
make DESTDIR=/var/tmp/root distrib-dirs distribution
cd /var/tmp/root
find -d . -type d | xargs rmdir 2>/dev/null
rm -rf /var/tmp/root/etc/rc.d
mergemaster

Obviously, tell mergemaster to use the current temproot. Again, this
might be a horrible solution, I don't know. ;)

/Thomas