HEADS UP: IPX over IP support removed

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 22:26:38 UTC 2007

On 7/9/07, Robert Watson <rwatson at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
>
> > On 6/13/07, M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> >> In message: <20070613150534.D83504 at fledge.watson.org>
> >>             Robert Watson <rwatson at freebsd.org> writes:
> >> : ng_h4 -  Bluetooth serial drivers -- I know of no on-going work here
> >>
> >> Isn't emax working on this?  I didn't notice it before now...
> >
> > ok, i have the code, but i can not test it. my old xircom cbt pccard no
> > longer gets recognized :( i asked Warner for assistance.
> >
> > in the mean time, if anyone has working serial bluetooth device please let
> > me know.
> >
> > if i cant get this code tested in time, what should i do? commit untested
> > code or just retire ng_h4(4) for now?
>
> Max,
>
> Just realized you had a question in here, which I must have missed in the
> previous pass.  What we're doing for i4b and netatm is leaving the code in the
> tree, but disconnecting it from the build for 7.0.  So if things don't come
> together in time, we can just do that.  I'm currently preparing a netatm
> patch, and Bjoern now has the i4b patch in the tree, so the ng_h4 bits are the
> only ones left after that.

i could not make my xircom cbt pccard work under -current :( and could
not test my changes. also no one stepped forward and said that
ng_h4(4) is being used. so, i vote in favor of disconnecting ng_h4(4)
from the build right now.

should i disconnect ng_h4(4) only or make a bigger change and retire
all support for serial bluetooth devices?

thanks,
max