Fixit live cd amd64

Craig Boston craig at xfoil.gank.org
Fri Jul 6 01:34:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 06:19:32PM -0700, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> The live filesystem is (about) 400MB.

That seems excessively big for a minimal install.  Perhaps some trimming
can be done.  Are man and info pages part of the livecd?

I wonder if using geom_uzip for the live filesystem would be an option.
I've used it extensively on flash media before, and I think FreeSBIE may
use it as well.  uzip also has other benefits as well such as faster

I suppose it mostly depends on somebody stepping up and doing the work
to integrate it into the build scripts :)

Craig