glib compile problem

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Wed Jul 4 07:55:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

When I'm trying to install mc from ports in today's CURRENT machine I've
got following errors:
It fails in glib20 configure script. Also I saw a lot of "sh:
environment corrupt; missing value for"
messages.

checking whether gmake sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking build system type... sh: environment corrupt; missing value for
LC_TIME
sh: environment corrupt; missing value for LC_MONETARY
sh: environment corrupt; missing value for LC_CTYPE
sh: environment corrupt; missing value for LC_COLLATE
sh: environment corrupt; missing value for LANG
sh: environment corrupt; missing value for LC_ALL
sh: environment corrupt; missing value for LC_NUMERIC
i486-portbld-freebsd7.0
checking host system type... i486-portbld-freebsd7.0
checking for the BeOS... no
checking for Win32... no
checking whether to enable garbage collector friendliness... no
checking whether to disable memory pools... no
checking for gcc... cc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
"http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
gnome at FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
"/usr/ports/devel/glib20/work/glib-2.12.12/config.log", (b) the output
of the
failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might be a
good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
(i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1)
with
the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
(gnome at FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
usually discarded by the mailing list software.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/glib20.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/glib20.

And the config.log says:

configure:3499: $? = 0
configure:3506: cc -V >&5
cc: '-V' option must have argument
configure:3509: $? = 1
configure:3532: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:3559: cc -O1 -pipe  -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib
-lintl conftest.c  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lintl
configure:3562: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
"http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=glib"
| #define GLIB_MAJOR_VERSION 2
| #define GLIB_MINOR_VERSION 12
| #define GLIB_MICRO_VERSION 12
| #define GLIB_INTERFACE_AGE 12
| #define GLIB_BINARY_AGE 1212
| #define G_COMPILED_WITH_DEBUGGING "minimum"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:3600: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Anybody has solved this issue before?

thanks,

Ganbold

--
Sodd's Second Law: Sooner or later, the worst possible set of
circumstances is bound to occur.