[kde-freebsd] Re: KDE 3.5.5 lock issue was (Xorg with lock session issue)

David Nugent davidn at datalinktech.com.au
Tue Jan 9 02:12:59 PST 2007

Abdullah Al-Marrie wrote:
>> > I have the same issue. kcheckpass is suid root and works:
>>
>> Hm, works for me (on 5.5). Maybe something changed in -CURRENT?
I guess that is the point of reporting it in the -current mailing list? ;-)

GENERIC from FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Tue Jan  9 11:44:44 EST 2007,
csup'ed within 48 hours of build, using the  nvidia non-os driver with
dri enabled. I'm suffering an apparent glitch in -current but not 6.2
which causes a crash and instant reboot on exiting X which I'm guessing
is related the nvidia kernel module. It happens with the Xorg nv driver too.

Having straightened out the library version bumps and rebuilt most ports
so far including Xorg 6.9 and the primary KDE 3.5.5 packages, lock and
unlock desktop seems to work fine.  I always fall back on generic when
having problems with custom kernels so it is the first kernel I build
and boot with before the installworld. I have not tried a custom kernel
yet (it's taking years to rebuild ports with WITNESS on... :->).

It also works fine here on another system with FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE
#0: Sun Jan  7 13:22:30 EST 2007 with the exact same version of Xorg and
KDE using the Xorg ati driver.

Regards,
David