Pluggable Disk Schedulers in GEOM

Paul Allen nospam at nospam.com
Fri Jan 5 16:59:44 PST 2007

>From Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org>, Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 02:59:15PM -0800:
> that does not mean that a scheduler is useless in general.
> in fact, what i find questionable is hardwiring unnecessary
> (in the sense that they are done only for performance reasons)
> ordering constraints in the layers above. I cannot comment for
I agree in so much as my point was strictly focused on ordering
constraints imposed for consistency reasons.

softupdates is not a performance mechanism per se; it is a
mechanism to allow async writes of fs data occur in a consistent
fashion.

Anyways, you can easily resolve this issue by mounting async with
softupdates disabled and then repeating the test.