How to resolve problems in our software (was: Problems with kbdmux)

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 3 15:22:28 PST 2007

[ moved to current@ ]

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 17:36, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> So: we have a problem with kbdmux, which looks suspiciously like a
> bug.  I don't know this code, but it seems to have been there for a
> while.  How, in your opinion, do I go about fixing it?

So it's not clear from your original message how you are using kbdcontrol and
kbdmux.  It sounds like you want the USB keyboard (when present) to be the
normal keyboard for syscons and atkbd0 to be left alone for use by a specific
process, yes?  Can't you just do 'kbdcontrol -A atkbd0 < /dev/kbdmux0' once
during boot and be done?  The default for the USB keyboard should be for it
to be added to kbdmux0 and thus result in it being used for the regular
console without any special magic needed.

--
John Baldwin