Fine-grained locking for UNIX domain sockets: patch updated

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 24 13:53:24 UTC 2007

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Steven Hartland wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Watson" <rwatson at FreeBSD.org>
>> As part of Kris and Jeff's recent work on improving MySQL scalability on
>> FreeBSD
>
> Are there any results / info on what's been done that we can look at?

I understand that Kris is preparing a summary to post to the lists in the next
couple of days.  The thrust of the work has been an investigation of MySQL on
an 8-core system, and in particular, how to improve FreeBSD scalability with
an increase in concurrency.  The preliminary results have been quite
impressive and show extremely competitive performance when compared with
another mainstream open source OS.  But I won't steal their thunder, and
instead encourage you to look out for the posting. :-)

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge