Populating /usr/include for make buildworld?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Sat Feb 10 18:42:12 UTC 2007

Craig Rodrigues wrote:
 > I am trying to see if I have any outdated files in /usr/include by
 > doing:
 > cd /usr/obj ; rm -r *
 > cd /usr/include ; rm -r *
 > cd /usr/src; make buildworld
 >
 > buildworld is failing in a few places because
 > the installincludes step is not populating
 > /usr/include/zlib.h, /usr/include/zconf.h, or /usr/include/termcap.h

I had exactly the same problem (but on RELENG_6).

At first I copied the missing files from the source tree
manually, then started buildworld over again, but it kept
bailing out a little later.  I got tired of it and just
populated /usr/include from a recent snapshot that I got
from an FTP site (it's in the "base" distribution set).
That got me started, and buildworld finished successfully.

 > What is the correct way to populate /usr/include
 > before buildworld?

I would like to know the answer, too.

Best regards
   Oliver

Handelsregister: Registergericht Muenchen, HRA 74606, USt-Id: DE204219783
Any opinions expressed in this message are personal to the author and may
not necessarily reflect the opinions of secnetix GmbH & Co KG in any way.

"C++ is the only current language making COBOL look good."
        -- Bertrand Meyer