Call for Testers: FreeBSD webcam driver (and more)

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Feb 5 15:32:42 UTC 2007

In message: <499c70c0702050005r76338d52i790e930dfffed43a at mail.gmail.com>
            "Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri" <almarrie at gmail.com> writes:
: On 2/4/07, M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
: > In message: <c21e92e20702040629k7a0b47d7q285417893e7d56d8 at mail.gmail.com>
: >             "Jiawei Ye" <leafy7382 at gmail.com> writes:
: > : On 2/4/07, M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
: > : > In message: <499c70c0702030850v14e02dfck7a0b91e1cc6deb9b at mail.gmail.com>
: > : >             "Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri" <almarrie at gmail.com> writes:
: > : > : and other things like CardReader for laptops ..etc, thank you for
: > : >
: > : > CardReader?  What's that?
: > : >
: > : > SD/MMC support for laptops is on its way...
: > : >
: > : > Warner
: > : I guess he is referring to the smarcard readers some laptops have.
: >
: > Not even Linux has support, AFAIK, for the flash readers on laptops
: > that aren't SD/MMC.  if you can hook me up with the docs, I'd be
: > willing to work on it.
: >
: > Warner
:
: Check this out please.
:
: http://www.hydromel.net/driver/gpr400/
:
: Technical informations
:
: Due to a lack of good documentation provided by Gemplus, this driver
: is a complete reverse engeneering hack. The pdf documentations used to
: make this possible are:
:
:     * The GPR400 Reference Manual (Ref: 248_E5234010.pdf)
:     * The Windows API description (Ref: 267_E5234016.pdf)
:     * The WinGPR software documentation (Ref: 299_E5234018.pdf)

This looks to be crypto smartcard stuff, not flash media.  Still, it
is cool.

I was referring to the xD, MS/Pro and SmartMedia flash parts..

Warner