Latest qemu upgrade seems to have fixed slirp problems in CURRENT

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Feb 4 04:13:18 UTC 2007

As has been mentioned (errm, mostly by me) recent qemu upgrades seemed
to have broken slirp in CURRENT, though not in STABLE.

The upgrade, comitted today, I think, 0.8.2s.20070111_1 seems to have
fixed the slirp issue.  Trying a Linux installation and a Damn Small
Linux live CD image, I was able to reach the Internet using slirp.

Ironically, since I've learned how to use tap networking (with many many
thanks to Bakul Shah for his help and patience, I've found it more
convenient.  Still, I'm glad slirp is working again, as it is convenient
for quick test installs.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Principal Snyder: It's fuzzy-minded liberal thinking like that
that gets you eaten.