nForce 430i doesn't recognise SATA devices

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 29 16:17:42 PST 2007

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007, Andre Oppermann wrote:

> Max Laier wrote:
>> It's the apic ... hint.apic.0.disabled=1 fixed things for me ... only
>> you don't get SMP :-\
>
> This is so frustrating...  I specifically bought a Core2 Quad Core to
> do some heavy number crunching.  An Asus P5K WS is on backorder and
> will arrive in two weeks.  The P5N-E was 'cheapest' one they had on
> stock.  Lately I'm a bit unlucky with new hardware and FreeBSD
> compatibility.

Sadly, your luck may continue.  FreeBSD on the P5K-E/WiFi handles the
internal SATA hard drives well.  SATA DVD burners are another matter.
This is RAID-0, so non-RAID may work.  I have to agree; it is very
frustrating.

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org