[patch] Auto-setting hz to 100 inside QEMU/VMWare

Wojciech A. Koszek wkoszek at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 28 03:35:53 PST 2007

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 02:03:52AM -0600, Mike Silbersack wrote:

[..]

> I have only tested this patch in QEMU so far, I will test inside VMWare
> tomorrow.
>
> If anyone could review and/or test this, it would be appreciated.

Anything that makes FreeBSD work better on emulated hardware should be
in the tree. Running FreeBSD kernel in Qemu with remote debugging
possibility saves me huge amount of time comparing to typical way of
developing, in which I have to use two machines, or restart my laptop in
case of a problem. I hope this patch will get commited.

--
Wojciech A. Koszek
wkoszek at FreeBSD.org