ZFS melting under postgres...

Doug Rabson dfr at rabson.org
Fri Dec 14 05:09:00 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 13:57 +0100, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> David Duchscher <daved at tamu.edu> writes:
> > So does anybody know of a battery backed NVRAM card that can be used
> > with FreeBSD that the ZIL could be offloaded to?
>
> Any CF card or similar will do.  You don't need battery backup for
> flash memory.

THis may also have to wait for a future version of ZFS. I remember
reading about this kind of thing as an upcoming feature in Solaris. I
believe the way this feature would work is that ZFS would allow creating
the ZIL on a different pool to the filesystem - i.e. create a zpool on
the CF card and get the ZIL to live there.