Problems Installing 7.0-BETA4 on Tyan Tiger K8SSA

Vaughan Reid vaunus at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 03:01:16 PST 2007

I have been trying to install FreeBSD 7.0-BETA4 amd64 on my Tyan K8SSA dual
opteron 940 board but have been having problems.

The install runs as per normal but upon trying to load the actual OS I have
been getting Exec format errors for /bin/sh and other various things. The
system never actually gets to the login prompt and sometimes hangs right
after the BSD boot loader. I've installed 6.2 i386 and 6.2 amd64 without any
issues but have to use 7 as I need the newer linux_base kernel support.

Does anyone know what the problem might be here?