remote gdb failures in recent builds (last 6 months or so.)

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Mon Dec 3 21:46:36 PST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007, at 9:27 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:

> It's slowly been getting worse (across many pairs of machines) over
> the last few years. finally today it just doesn't work at all. I've
> used this pair of machines many times before. usually it takes
> "luck" to get synced up but once it's synced, it's solid.

How do you start the connection? I seem to recall that starting with
the gdb client is not a good idea, because the gdb client will try
a couple of commands first to see if the stub supports them. If the
stub is not ready, then the gdb client may think the stub is not
capable of certain features.

I typically have the kernel break into the GDB debugger first and
then I start the gdb client...

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt at mac.com