console hangs after setting hostname

Hidetoshi Shimokawa simokawa at FreeBSD.ORG
Sun Aug 26 03:37:31 PDT 2007

On 8/25/07, KOT MATPOCKuH <matpockuh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/23/07, Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > It looks that the low level console is not locked though the high level
> > console
> > is locked by Giant.
> >
> > Could you try the attached patch?
> >
> Thanks you! Console doesn't hangs...

Thank for the test.

> ...and I'm too see corrupt messages in /var/run/dmesg.boot and on console:
>
> cd0: <_NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A 1.01> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
> cdS0M:P :3 3A.P 0C0P0UM B#/s1  tLraaunnscfheerds!

This is expected. If you concern interleaved meassges, could you try to
add the following line to your kernel configuration file as sun4v?

options      PRINTF_BUFR_SIZE=128    # Prevent printf output being interspersed.
--
/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa at FreeBSD.ORG