MCP55 SATA problems (was Re: PATA-SATA convertor drive inaccessibility)

Mark Powell M.S.Powell at salford.ac.uk
Mon Aug 20 11:17:32 PDT 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Søren Schmidt wrote:

Soren,
   Thanks for the reply.

> Hmm, it does work fine here even with PATA<>SATA dongels in use on a
> MCP55 system...
>
> I'll check the code for obvious faults once again, but since nVidia
> doesn't hand out docs it might be more sinister than that....

But doesn't the fact that everything works fine on the same hardware on
6.2, seem to suggest that something got changed in 7 that has broken this?
   Many thanks.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information Services Division, Clifford Whitworth Building,