Can't create TCP connections to certain IP addresses

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Mon Aug 20 01:48:03 PDT 2007

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 05:51:14PM -0400, Anish Mistry wrote:
> I'm not sure how to do that with the version of m0nowall that the
> router is running.  But I can exhibit this behavior on the local LAN
> without going through the router.

In that case, run a tcpdump on both ends and see if the SYN packet
is arriving at the far end. You might also want to try using "tcpdump
-s0 -v" to check the checksums on the packets (though they can't
always be trusted on the packet's sender if the network card supports
checksum offloading).

	David.