IP over HTTP?

Bob Johnson fbsdlists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 13:28:27 PDT 2007

On 8/14/07, Florent Thoumie <flz at xbsd.org> wrote:
> On 15 Aug 2007, at 00:24, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
> > Kip Macy wrote:

> >> I can guess. I believe there is an IPoDNS netgraph module floating
> >> around that *might* make a good reference.
> >>  -Kip

> > OH Come on.. if you have a reference, cough up :-)
> > It should be committed! (how many times have I wanted that?)
>
> I second that, if only for the coolness factor :-)

For coolness factor, it's hard to beat the TCP-over-email
proof-of-concept I ran across about ten or twelve years ago. Mostly
useless, but very entertaining. It was probably the one done by Marcus
Ranum http://www.ranum.com/, but I don't really remember.

And then there is RFC 1149: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149, which
according to Wikipedia, has actually been implemented by a Linux group
who apparently were having a slow weekend.

- Bob