"tcpflags 0x18<PUSH,ACK>; tcp_do_segment" kernel messages

Eygene Ryabinkin rea-fbsd at codelabs.ru
Tue Aug 14 07:58:09 PDT 2007

Stefan, good day.

Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 02:00:48PM +0300, Stefan Lambrev wrote:
> >If you were running -CURRENT on the same machine prior to CVSupping,
> >then you probably saw the 'Spurious RST' messages.  They were
> >provoked by the same situation.  The messages themselves are harmless,
> >
> This is not harmless here :(

Yep, sorry.  What I meant is that 'I had no problems with them' ;))

> I'm running current from today 14.Aug.
> I use an network applications that hangs every time when I see such a message.
>
> Any ideas how can I debug, or help to someone who is familiar with the code ?

You can provide the tcpdump's raw dump of the session (sniffed with
the -s 1500 or whatever MTU you have).  This may sched some light.

> My colleagues report and problems with ssh and apache on this server.

Haven't seen any with SSH, but Apache tends to close keep-alived
connections on the -CURRENT.  Try disabling them and see if this
will help.

More verbose description of problems your colleagues are seeing
may also help.

Thank you!
--
Eygene