ichwd for ICH8

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Tue Aug 7 08:29:57 PDT 2007

At 11:13 AM 8/7/2007, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>Mike Tancsa <mike at sentex.net> writes:
> > But my other ich7 box works as expected (kldloads and box reboots
> > after doing a kill -9 on watchdogd)
>
>with CURRENT or RELENG_6?

RELENG_6

Original posted patch and your patch reboot this box running RELENG_6

ichwd0: <Intel ICH7 watchdog timer> at port 0x430-0x437,0x460-0x469 on isa0
ichwd0: Intel ICH7 watchdog timer (TCO version 2)
ppc0: parallel port not found.

ichwd module loaded
ichwd0: <Intel ICH7 watchdog timer> on isa0
ichwd0: Intel ICH7 watchdog timer (ICH7 or equivalent)
ppc0: parallel port not found.

>I've tested the driver under -CURRENT on a couple more machines, with
>the same result everywhere: it probes and attaches and seems to work
>fine, but the box does not reboot.

kldload ichwd, watchdogd -t 20;killall -9 watchdogd
and nada ?
I can boot one of my working RELENG_6 boxes on
current and test if you think it is some version issue.

         ---Mike