status of 7.0

Brad Davis brd at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 3 22:15:16 UTC 2007

On 7/26/07, Sam Fourman Jr. <sfourman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/8/07, Robert Watson <rwatson at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >

> > On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, Paul Eskello wrote:
> >
> > > I was wondering when to expect 7.0 release ? Did I miss the schedule.
> > Any
> > > showstoppers ? when to expect RC1 ?
> > >
> > > Just curious.
> > >
> > > Have a great weekend.
> >
> > Ken may respond in a more detailed form, but the current stage is that we
> > are
> > waiting for the feature set to finally settle and some known outstanding
> > issues to resolve themselves, at which point we'll cut a first beta in the
> > next 2-4 weeks.  As a precursor to that, monthly snapshots will likely get
> > built and released in the next couple of days.  Hopefully testing and
> > feedback
> > from that will allow us to nail down a more specific schedule for the
> > release
> > itself.
>

> does anyone know if the july snapshots for 7.0 are going to get built?
> maybe i am looking in the worng spot but I didn't see them yet

I have setup a sort of ad-hoc snapshots build host at:

http://snapshots.us.freebsd.org/

I'm trying to build snapshots every day, but the computer that is
doing the building isn't 100% dedicated to that purpose yet. I expect
that it will become 100% dedicated to the task sometime in the next
few months.

Regards,
Brad Davis