GPT as default?

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Sun Apr 22 19:22:38 UTC 2007

Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> These are my requirements (FWIW):
> 1. It needs to have a friendly UI -> I'm using a curses based interface.

Regarding this part: one of the possible side-effects of the installer
might be a GUI for disk partitioning. It's not a text-mode UI, but maybe
we can avoid duplication of effort here :)

> 2. It needs to be used in scripts -> It needs a similar usage model as
>    gpt(8).
> 3. It needs to replace gpt(8) -> see point 2.

> Points 2 and 3 are important for our release process.

Yes. As far as I can tell, they are also enough for today - the rest are
useful, but not necessary "bells and whistles".