network problems?

Rui Paulo rpaulo at fnop.net
Fri Apr 20 19:31:41 UTC 2007

At Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:40:16 +0200,
Andre Oppermann wrote:
> 7-current uses larger receive windows with a higher scaling factor.
> If your firewall doesn't correctly track that you get the problem
> you are describing.  In pf based firewalls it is a common thing to
> misplace the keep-state rule.

I have another problem. I'm trying to talk to a host (MontaVista Linux
based router/AP) that is on the same network segment. If rfc1323 is
on, I can't browse the router's webpage: after a few bytes transfered,
I only seep TCP keep alive packets. But a telnet connection works well.

If I disable rfc1323, everything works as expected.

Maybe this is related to PAWS, but I don't the router at hand.

If you need a tcpdump, I can only give it to you during the upcoming
week.