network problems?

Craig Boston craig at xfoil.gank.org
Fri Apr 20 04:36:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 08:37:59AM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> You could try reducing net.inet.tcp.recvspace or disabling
> net.inet.tcp.rfc1323 and see if that helps.  (Though RELENG5 should
> also be affected if this is the problem).

I don't know if it's related, but I've had problems with packets to/from
a recent -CURRENT box not being able to traverse a pf (running on
6.2-stable) firewall with NAT and state rules.  Some of the packets are
dropped unless I disable net.inet.tcp.rfc1323 on the system running
-CURRENT, enough to cause ssh connections to stall and drop before
login.

6.x machines behind the same firewall work just fine.  I can provide
tcpdump output if someone thinks it will help.

Craig