ls -al .zfs/snapshots dir reboots machine

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 17 09:56:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 10:51:37AM +0900, Hidetoshi Shimokawa wrote:
> I can repoduce this hang.
>
> # cd /pool/test/.zfs/snapshot
> # /bin/ls
> snap
> # /bin/ls -F
> ls: snap: No such file or directory
> # /bin/ls -F
> (hangs)

Are you able to break into debugger? I was able to reproduce it once
(but with panic in crdup()), but I can no longer do it...

> It looks like another name cache problem for me.
> I noticed 'cache_purge(vp)' is commented out in domount() in opensolaris_vfs.c.
> Shouldn't we need 'dnlc_purge_vp(vp)' here?

There is dnlc_purge_vfsp() at the begining of zfs_umount(), which should
be sufficient.