ZFS to support chflags?

Ed Schouten ed at fxq.nl
Thu Apr 12 12:03:43 UTC 2007

* Bernd Walter <ticso at cicely12.cicely.de> wrote:
> E.g. hardlink system binaries over multiple jails flaged immuteable.
> No jail can compromise the data in other jails, while still allowing
> the kernel to share memory pages for it.

There are nicer ways to do that as far as I know. Just read-only
nullmount some kind of base install to another directory. Union mount
another directory on top that holds jail specific data. That way you
have a `copy-on-write' FreeBSD install. Make sure you mount everything
with noatime.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl>
 WWW: http://g-rave.nl/