ZFS - quick start.

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 19:41:57 UTC 2007

Hi Pawel,

impressive stuff. Is it possible and useable to use ZFS as a GMIRROR
replacement where one disk is detached most of the time?

I use an external (Firewire) disk to mirror my system disk. It gets only
attached once a week for synchronizing. That way, I get a consistent
1:1 mirror of the system disk.

Does ZFS cope with detached drives as well? And can the detached drive
function on its own? (Sometimes, I use this firewire drive as a
portable disk to supplement my laptop storage).

Thanks!

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
"The trouble with the dictionary is you have to know how the word is
spelled before you can look it up to see how it is spelled."